Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sniffles

Turns out Hannah's eternal cold turned into an ear infection. Thankfully, we have never experienced one before, and I hope we never have to experience one again. For 3 nights I couldn't figure out what was wrong with Hannah. She would wake up at about 1 or 2 am and scream her head off. She was completely inconsolable. Hannah's never been like that before and it scared me quite a bit. She would scream for a couple of hours straight and finally go back to sleep around 4 or 5. Monday night I almost decided to take her to the emergency room it was so bad.

Sometimes I thought that it must be her molars coming in since she's gotten a few already. And the resistance of laying down on the changing table had to be behavioral. Surely, the arching of the back was constipation, too. But, I was wrong. Poor little baby had an earache.

Tuesday night she started on Amoxicillin. I haven't seen much improvement yet, especially at night, but the doctor said it might take a few days to kick in. Hopefully she's all better to go see grandma, grandpa, and Aunt Lauren in a couple of days!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh, poor Hannah! I hope she's feeling better and you are enjoying time with your family! When you get the chance, I was wondering if you could e-mail me your address (my Christmas card list needs to be updated)! Thanks Kara and Caleb!
Sarah Plantinga