Thursday, December 3, 2009

Christmas Traditions

When Caleb and I got married seven years ago, he surprised me with a Coddington Christmas tradition. Each Christmas, the husband gets his wife a gift each day for the 12 days leading up to Christmas. I absolutely LOVE this...who wouldn't?!

On the first day, I always get a Hallmark ornament that is reminiscent of something significant, fun, or even ordinary that happened in our lives that year. I got a little teary-eyed this year as we hung up the SEVEN ornaments together. It's really fun to see the collection growing and remember all of the major things we've experienced together.

Year One: Marriage
Year Two: Got our kitty cats (Gabi and Maya)
Year Three: Bought our first house in Grand Rapids, MI
Year Four: Vacation to Hawaii
Year Five: Bought our second house in Brighton, MI
Year Six: Hannah Banana
Year Seven: Enjoyment of watching Hannah grow up


Thank you, honey, for making Christmas so memorable and special to our family and me. I look forward to celebrating many more with you! Now, what will my ornament be this
year?
Hmmmm.....

No comments: