Sunday, February 27, 2011

February Update

 February has been a crazy month for us.  Timmy is just growing like a weed!

Happy Valentine's Day!  Unfortunately, I had a sore throat for about 2 weeks that turned into bronchitis and a touch of pneumonia.  I felt so crummy that Caleb had to take off 2 days of work to help me with the kids and we eventually called in the big guns....
GRANDMA!!!  Thankfully, grandma offered to come help out for a while!  We needed it desperately!  And I don't think she minded too much :)
 Our church family has graciously brought over meal after meal for us.  It has been such a blessing! 

This little guy has had some fussiness issues this month.  I took him in to see the pediatrician on the 22nd and we determined that he has reflux.  (He weighed in at 10 lbs 5 oz, by the way!) Hannah was definitely the spittiest baby that I have ever seen/met, but she never really seemed like she was in pain.  Timmy, on the other hand, isn't nearly as spitty as she was, but seems to be so uncomfortable after feedings.  He loves Mylicon drops but they only help so much.  So, he is now on a medication twice a day to help with his reflux.  Some days I think it's working miracles and other days he seems to be back to his fussiness.  I know that babies just have their good days and bad days so we'll give the medicine another week or so to consider if it's really working or not.  He seems to be doing better on it at least.
We're still working out our days and nights over here.  Timmy does great during the night, only waking for a feeding and then going right back to bed; however, he's still doing his longer sleeps (5-6 hours at a time) during the day and shorter sleeps (4 hours) at night.  There have been a few times when he has "topped off" at about midnight and slept until about 5 in the morning.  We're hoping that starts to happen more often.  :)

Overall, we're enjoying our little boy so much.  Couldn't imagine life without him!!!  He LOVES to snuggle and so does mommy!!

No comments: