We spent a few days at Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park with our friends, the Kerns. It rained off and on, but we found pockets of dry weather to enjoy the beauty of Northern Michigan.
Hannah had a blast racing up the dunes. She beat daddy and me!
Playing at a park right on Lake Michigan. Absolutely beautiful!
We went on a scenic drive and stopped along the recommended locations to view the lake. Caleb got inspired to venture down the biggest dune I've ever seen to put his foot in the water. The kids and I watched from a viewing deck as I overheard comments about the man before him taking an hour and a half to climb back up. Good thing I packed snacks for the kids! Just kidding :) Caleb made it back up in about 20 minutes.
On our last day we drove up the finger (I don't know what it's officially called) in Traverse City. The weather was crummy, but the scenery was gorgeous nonetheless. There was a "lighthouse" at the tip. We high-tailed it to the inside of the small building because it was pouring buckets outside...and the wind was very strong! It would be fun to go back and venture out to the water on a nicer day.
Mommy created a "cage" for Timmy in one of the wings of our pop-up camper. I was so proud of myself, but it didn't hold long. Timmy always likes to be where he shouldn't and it was no different in the camper. :)
We always enjoy going to the Traverse City area and will look forward to returning for Caleb's mountain biking race the first weekend in November.



No comments:
Post a Comment