Our little girl is already two! We visited the doctor yesterday to officially measure how big she's gotten. Here are her stats:
Height--34.25" (64th percentile)
Weight--25.4 lbs (32nd percentile)
Head Circumference--20" (99th percentile)
The first thing the doctor mentioned to me was her concern over Hannah's low weight. She said that she is borderline between being OK and wondering if something might be wrong with my baby!!! I knew that Hannah was super skinny, but didn't really think that there was much to be concerned about. I had seen pictures of Caleb at that age and they look almost identical (minus the curly hair :)).
Anyways, the doctor suggested I try to give Hannah more fatty foods, such as ranch dressing with her veggies and more cheese. I understand her concern and that she is doing her job, but am worried about teaching Hannah unhealthy eating habits. I don't want her to have to have ranch with her veggies when she's a teenager! Kids eat when they're hungry. I don't want to teach Hannah to eat when she's not.
My MIL happened to call this morning about coming to visit and I mentioned the doctor's concern to her. She said she was going to bring me pictures of when she was Hannah's age. Apparently, bean poles run in the family :) I am very appreciative of the reassurance. I will definitely take steps to try to get Hannah to increase her caloric intake, but I think I'll take the doctor's advice with a grain of salt (is that the right saying?).
Friday, September 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I don't think you should worry at all. Clara has been 80th % for height and 25th % for weight at every appt since she was 6 weeks old. The dr. said it's genetic, and that she is "tall and slim" like her parents. So keep up the good work, you are doing a good job! You can't change your kid's genes.
Post a Comment