(Above picture: July 23rd--13 Weeks)
My normal doctor is going on a service trip to Africa for over a year. We are very happy for her and her family to have such an incredible opportunity.
I don't know if she was distracted by this huge life change or what, but after the two heartbeat scares I was kind of ready to change doctors so this gave me a great excuse. At my 18 week checkup in August, I met with Dr. Moyer. She is the one that delivered Hannah by c-section (after I'd seen just about every other doctor from the practice on rotation at the hospital!).
It was interesting meeting her outside of the hospital environment. Dr. Popp had recommended a scheduled c-section at a date we set that is comfortable for our family and if I went into labor before then I could try a VBAC if I wanted to. She shared with me a lot of risks with VBACs and pretty much talked me in to the c-section.
When I met with Dr. Moyer she seemed to think a VBAC might be safer. We agreed that we have plenty of time to think about this and see what happens with my body and the baby. We certainly have a lot to pray about and I'm sure that God will reveal to us what He wants for our new baby!
(Hope the following isn't too much information....I just want to record it for journaling/memory purposes.)
At my 18 week appointment Dr. Moyer thought she felt a fairly large fibroid. She said that it would be checked at the ultrasound. Ugh. More nerves. At this point I'm wondering if I'll ever have a normal appointment!
Anyways, we had our ultrasound on September 8th (almost 20 weeks pregnant). The technician said that everything was developing normally and the baby looked healthy--and she didn't see even a hint of a fibroid. It was so exciting for me to see the kicks and punches on the screen that I have been feeling from the inside.
Hannah seemed a little disinterested, but looked at the pictures when we prompted her to. Then, the news was given about the gender. "It's a boy!," exclaimed the technician which was quickly followed by an "I knew it!" from me and an "Are you sure?!" from Caleb. The picture couldn't' have been clearer and Hannah couldn't have been more disappointed. However, she consoled herself by reasoning that mommy is going to have the boy baby and she is going to have the girl baby.
She's starting to get used to the idea and I think the more we refer to the baby as "he" and "him" the more she'll realize she doesn't have a choice in the matter. :)
We are very excited about having a little boy! I'm still getting used to the idea, but I think it will be fun to have one of each. It was so much fun finding out this time! Hannah's going to be a great big sister! I'll be 21 weeks this Friday and time is flying by! My next appointment will be Monday and I look forward to hearing more about the ultrasound results!


No comments:
Post a Comment