Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hannah's HeadQuarters

We've finally put the finishing touches on Hannah's room. Here are some pictures of the results....












The bedding was a gift for Hannah's 2nd birthday from my mom. She found it at Marshall's. I'd been looking for green and purple bedding and this was just perfect. I found the lamp with the purple shade to match at Home Goods. The butterflies on the wall came from the Dollar Store.

















A friend from church painted this adorable tree for Hannah, complete with a squirrel peeking around the tree trunk.













The small table and chairs in the corner are from IKEA and the bookshelf under the window is from Target. I love how it maximizes that space that would normally be void. It's the perfect height for Hannah to reach bedtime stories. I'm so in love with this bookcase unit that I stacked two in the basement to use more vertical space down there. Part of what I love is that you can just change the basket colors to match your decor.


















I made these for Hannah last year. Found the frames at TJMaxx for dirt cheap on clearance and had the paper supplies around from my scrapbooking hobby.













The dresser and bedside table came from IKEA as well. We're actually very happy with the quality, especially for a child's room. The drawers hold a ton of clothing and slide very smoothly. The cross-stitched sampler was a gift from my mom when Hannah was born and you'll never guess where the purple light came from...IKEA. :)













Last, but not least, I found the bulletin board at Costco for $15 and covered it with fabric and ribbon from the clearance bins at JoAnn's. I just love the way it turned out and I think it adds a personal touch to Hannah's room. She loves to look at the pictures and cards from loved ones. The magnetic wire and flowers were a splurge from Carol Roeda Studio in Ann Arbor. Boy could I go crazy in that store! Very cute stuff.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What an adorable room! I love how it turned out, and may just be copying an idea or two for Emily's new room after we move. :-)