Saturday, September 25, 2010

Swimming Lessons

Over the summer, I took Hannah to some toddler dance classes. Although she seemed to enjoy them, you could say that I was under-impressed with many different aspects of the program. I won't get in to it here, but let's just say we won't be going back.

So, even though Hannah's in preschool I still wanted to do something fun with her that daddy could enjoy, too. She loved swimming in the lakes this summer, but had never really been in a pool, so we decided that it would be beneficial for her to take some swimming lessons.

We heard about a program in Hartland at the high school (where I used to teach ESL) that has a gradual entry pool and warmer water (Brighton's is apparently freezing!). When we got there we were very impressed! It was like a little splash park but also had some deeper areas for the children to practice swimming basics.

Today they worked on blowing bubbles through their noses (not pretty considering Hannah has a mild cold), getting out of the pool on their own, jumping in to an adult, kicking, floating, making "angels" in the shallow part as well as walking and rolling like alligators. Hannah thoroughly enjoyed it (and I think daddy did, too!).














No comments: